TELL US ABOUT YOUR BAD JOB
Unpaid wages and overtime, impossible schedules, unfair firings and other unfair treatment of workers are all common in British Columbia. BC has employment laws, but few workers know their rights, and getting justice from a bad boss can be very difficult.
The BC Employment Standards Coalition is working for better laws and stronger enforcement for non-union workers. We need your stories to illustrate these problems – to make the issues about real people – and to help us make the case for improvements.
We invite you to one of our public forums to share your story. You can tell us about a current problem, or something within the past 10 years. Interviews will be done by experienced advocates. You can tell us your name and employer, or choose to be anonymous.
You can also learn about your workplace rights under the Employment Standards Act and other BC laws. If your case involves a legal violation, we will offer advice and help you to start a complaint if you want.
So please drop in to any one of the following locations. No appointment is necessary. Plan to stay about an hour. Please share this information with co-workers, friends, family and organizations. Click here for a draft leaflet.
- Tuesday, October 11th, from 11:00 am to 9:00 pm
- 5783 – 176A Street (Unifor Local 780G Hall)
- Central Burnaby
- Wednesday, October 12th, from 11:00 am to 4:30 pm
- Bonsor Recreation Complex
- South Burnaby Metro Club room
- 6550 Bonsor Avenue, Burnaby
- East Vancouver
- Thursday, October 13th, from 11:00 am to 9:00 pm
- 130 – 2920 Virtual Way (near RenfrewSkytrain Station)
- BC Government Employees Union office, Tsawwassen Room
- Northeast Burnaby & Coquitlam
- Monday, October 17th, from 3:30 pm to 9:00 pm
- Cameron Community Centre, Cedar Room
- 9523 Cameron Street, Burnaby (near Lougheed Mall & Skytrain)
- Central Vancouver
- Wednesday, October 19th, from 10:00 am to 9:00 pm
- Vancouver Public Library, Alma VanDusen Room
- 350 West Georgia Street, Vancouver (Library Square)
- New Westminster
- Thursday, October 20th, from 10:00 am to 9:00 pm
- 326 – 12th Street (Unifor Hall)
Contacts for further information:
- Murray Gore 604-671-9141
- David Fairey 604-430-6036
- Joey Hartman 604-254-0703